Whether you are rewatching Narcos or scores of other American TV shows or movies, Mexican food cravings are a given. How many times have you wished that Bahrain had affordable and socially poignant taco trucks? Here's a recipe that'll save you an international flight. These tacos can be prepared in under 20 minutes with locally available ingredients and will be sure to delight your palate!
Summer Garden Fish Tacos
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill corn and pepper, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with salt. Grill fish and squash, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and squash is tender, turning once.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl. Chop pepper and squash; add to corn. Stir in tomato, onion, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Serve fish in taco shells; top with corn mixture and avocado slices.