Air Conditioners are fast becoming a modern day necessity, especially in a country where temperatures are rising up with every passing year, due to climatic changes. Many of the people who live in this climate don’t have the means to buy and use air conditioning.Luckily, a project called Eco-Cooler is helping more and more people to cool down even when they don’t have electricity. No electricity meaning no power backups, charging batteries and so on.Sounds too good to be true isn’t it, well the good part is this air-conditioner is made up of waste materials, and you could make it too.All that’s needed are some ordinary plastic bottles and a piece of cardboard. This simple construction has already been placed in more than 25,000 homes in Bangladesh.
Here is how to make it,
* First you need to cut some holes in a large piece of thick cardboard. The holes should be wide enough for the neck of an ordinary bottle.
* Then you need to cut a bottle in half. Cut off the top of the bottle cap with scissors.
* Now simply insert the half of the bottle with the neck into the cardboard.
* Attach the cardboard to the window, with the necks of the bottles facing into the home.
* Now how does it works, as per reports the larger end of the bottle takes in the warm outside air and the change in pressure as it passes through the neck compresses and pumps cooler air into the house.
* The change in temperature is only about 5 degrees, but in hot countries that can make all the difference.
it’s simple, useful, and ingenious. So try it yourself one day!